Non-surgical methods of nose augmentation continue to attract more and more patients in Singapore each year. A nose thread lift is one of those sought after procedures. This technique has been popularized by South Korean celebrities and has made a sweep across neighbouring countries. A key factor why nose thread lift is the choice of many beauty aficionados is its safety. Compared to dermal fillers that have the possibility to blind patients in the event of wrong administration, nose thread lift has less fatal side effects.
There are threads used in augmenting the nose that is not dissolvable, but the recent years have seen the development of threads that are more biocompatible. There are now dissolvable threads that can be used to give the same desired outcomes as dermal fillers or surgery can provide.
Are you curious about how this nose augmentation technique can do wonders for your nose? Read on.
Nose thread lift overview
A nose thread lift is a non-surgical procedure with the end goal of augmenting the nose according to the wanted contour of an individual. It uses short threads that are inserted into the nose using blunt cannulas to give height and definition to the nose.
Nose thread lift advantages
Nose thread lift in Singapore has several advantages, but the end result highly depends on the goals that a patient wishes to achieve. The following are the effects that a nose thread lift procedure can do to your nose:
- Nose tip
- Improved tip rotation
- A well-defined and pointed nose tip
- Nose bridge
- Higher nose bridge
- Narrower and longer nose bridge
- Straighter nose bridge
If you are keen on safety (who isn’t?), thread lift would be HealthAscent explains why HIKO nose thread lift is the best choice for augmenting your nose non-surgically as this will not cause any serious consequences, risks, or side effects as compared to nose fillers, which can cause skin necrosis or blindness when administered in the wrong way.
Nose thread lift disadvantages
Everyone wants an aesthetic procedure that produces the best results. Yet, risks and side effects are some unwanted outcomes that may happen, unfortunately, to some. Some of these side effects may occur after a nose thread lift procedure:
- Thread extrusion
- Thread migration
Likewise, the results of threads may not be as long as the outcomes those dermal fillers can give.
Types of materials for threads used in nose thread lifting
There are three types of materials for threads that are used by doctors for nose thread lift procedures. These are:
- Polydioxanone (PDO) threads
- Polycaprolactone (PCL) threads
- Poly-L-Lactic Acid (PLLA) threads
Among the three, PDO threads are the threads that doctors in Singapore use for nose thread lifting. These threads are HSA-approved and have a long-standing record when it comes to safety and efficacy. PCL and PLLA threads have been gaining popularity in other countries recently, as there are claims that these threads offer results that last longer than PDO threads.
Basing on years of usage, nose thread lifting results with PDO threads can last between 6 to 8 months. PLLA claims to last for about 14 to 18 months, while PCL threads stay longest at 16 to 18 months. However, there are no scientific researches available that can specifically back up these claims.
Cost of nose thread lift in Singapore
Generally, nose thread lifts range from $800 to $1,600 in Singapore. The total amount will depend on the number of threads needed for your nose augmentation based on the results that you want to achieve. Nose thread lift procedures are considered to be aesthetic procedures; therefore they are not covered by Medisave or health insurances in Singapore.
Best brands for nose thread lifting.
Both doctors and patients would not want threads that are beyond the gold standard. In Singapore, the most trusted brands for nose thread lifting procedures are Artlift and UltraV.
Overseas or in Singapore? Where should I get a nose thread lift procedure?
Deciding on whether to get your nose thread lift procedure here in Singapore or abroad includes some factors for consideration. Let’s break it down into three basic things:
- Accessibility – Of course, getting your procedure done in Singapore will be easiest when it comes to proximity to your home. You won’t need to cross oceans just to get to your doctor for an appointment, especially follow-ups after your procedure.
- Cost – Think airfare, food, hotel, and ground transportation costs on top of the money that you have to shell out for the nose thread lift procedure itself. Are you willing to pay the price?
- Techniques and skills – A doctor’s technique and skills are important when considering a practitioner to perform a nose thread lift procedure. Honestly, doctors from South Korea are highly skilled in this area, but it does not mean that the techniques and skills of aesthetic doctors here in Singapore are greatly inferior. There are a lot of skilled doctors based in Singapore who has undergone training here and abroad in order to master their craft in thread lifting. Asking for recommendations and reading up on reviews is the surest way to know who these doctors are.